Negozio Biologico Unicorn Grocery
Organic Shop Unicorn Grocery
Since opening in 1996 Unicorn Grocery has offered an unbeatable range of affordable, fresh and wholesome food with a focus on organic, fair-trade and local sourcing to its South Manchester customer base.
Ethical principles remain at the core of the business and influence not only what is sold but also how business is done.
As a workers co-operative the shop is owned and managed by the people who work in it, and they have created a place they want to shop in themselves.
Unicorn’s focus is on basic ingredients for tasty, interesting and really affordable cooking:
- Around 70 lines of organic fruit and veg represent the NW region and beyond, at prices that compare well to supermarket competitors.
- Packed on site, a wide variety of staple cooking ingredients including pulses, grains, nuts, dried fruits and spices, provide the basis for really good value meals. Many are organic. Find some unusual items alongside all the basics.
- In addition to a great range of organic beer and wine there's daily fresh organic bread and an ever-expanding deli counter.
- In non-food, find an expanding selection of environmentally friendly baby products, cosmetics and household goods made from natural ingredients.
- Unicorn caters for people who like to cook from scratch using great ingredients.
The shop is full of information about trade and food issues, and aims to help customers make informed shopping choices.
From a turnover of £250,000 to £5 million, from 4 members to 50, Unicorn donates a steady 5% of wage costs to local and international projects relating to its Principles of Purpose.
Unicorn also contributes to a tree planting scheme with a carbon tax in an attempt to offset some of the environmental impact of running the business.
- Monday Closed all Day
- Tuesday 9:30 - 7:00
- Wednesday 9:30 - 7:00
- Thursday 9:30 - 7:00
- Friday 9:30 - 7:00
- Saturday 9:00 - 6:00
- Sunday 11:00 - 5:00