9, Strada del Gallinaio - 53035 - Monteriggioni (SI) - Tuscany, Italy - Tel. +39 391 4307022
Ebbio is an original rural complex from the 13th century converted into a charming agritourism welcoming you in its 10 spacious rooms full of fascinating history. We try to keep the feeling of the old Italian country ways of living. Silence, earthy colours and fragrances are still prominent. Connect yourself with nature and lose your notion of time. Ebbio is surrounded by an evergreen forest embracing the heart of an extinguished volcano sacred to Etruscans.
Between Siena and Florence, Ebbio is a certified organic farm of 7 hectares. We cultivate olive trees, vineyards, officinal plants, fruits and vegetables, used in the preparation of the vegetarian meals we can offer during your staying.
After twenty years of hosting holistic, meditation and physical practice retreats, Ebbio has become the perfect location to create an unforgettable activity related holiday. For us it’s about sharing peace and tranquility while centering mind and body.
On the 1st floor there is a large communal area with a huge chimney for dining and lounging. 9 spacious rooms are located on the same floor, for a total of 10 rooms and 5 shared bathrooms. The house counts many outdoor areas; outdoor dinning, a spacious south exposed patio for sunrise and sunset sessions swell as for parties or ceremonies.
On the ground floor there is a professional kitchen, overlooking the outside dining/gathering area, a 100m2 ~ wooden floor activity room that can accommodate up to 25 mats with a connected bathroom (2 showers, 2 toilets, 2 sinks) a massage/therapy room, the office and the entrance is equipped with an ancient wood burning oven we often use to make bread and pizzas.
Our meals always contain daily fresh pickings from our onsite certified organic garden. Inspired by nature and sustainable living, our artfully prepared, organic vegetarian cuisine is a highlight for our guests. We have been cooking mainly with plant proteins for more than 20 years and we are very careful about offering complete, nutrient-rich meals, keeping elements of surprise and pleasure.
Using ingredients sourced from our own organic garden other local farms, we offer vegan or vegetarian menus. In both cases, each meal is a nutritionally balanced delight. We constantly adjust the menus, based on what’s in season, satiating guests with familiar flavors and adventurous creations. Offering innovative, plant-based takes on classic italian recipes.
- ANCIENT WALKING TRAIL VIA FRANCIGENA: The via Francigena is the ancient route that in medieval times connected Canterbury to Rome. Nowadays it remains a path of pilgrimage, as the way of Santiago di Compostela but also represents a different way to discover Tuscany. Take a journey through time in close contact with the environment and local retails.
- CITY OF ART: In Tuscany there are 7 sites protected by Unesco and some of them are very close by. Monteriggioni is within walking distance (1.8km) and once in the village you can take a visual tour of the towers of the Tuscan countryside. Siena (15km) and Florence (45km) considered to be open air museums, Pisa with its pendant tower (100km). San Gimignano (25km) and Volterra (40km) with their competing medieval towers, Valdorcia (38km) and it’s surreal Tuscan landscapes. Colle val d’elsa is just 10 km away and has a stunning old town still out of main truism circuits.
- WINE PATHS AND A PANORAMIC DRIVE: Chianti is an other entertaining itinerary that is quite close. The main sites to visit are Castellina in Chianti (15km) Radda in Chianti (25km) and Greve in Chianti (34km), just the drive trough the wine cultivated hills justify the excursion.
- RELAXING/THERMAL: For a tour with a restorative soak, visit Bagni Vignone, (40km) a medieval village built around a pool of natural thermal hot spring water, Rapolano Terme (45Km), Bagni San Filippo (80km).
|County Province District Départment||Siena (SI)|
|City Town Municipality||Monteriggioni|
- Certified Products
- Vegetable Garden
- Snack Area or Restaurant
- Restaurant External Seating
- Traditional Cuisine
- Organic Cuisine
- Vegetarian Cuisine
- Vegan Cuisine
- Table Service
- Rooms or Apartments
- Shared Bathroom
- Wood, Park or Pine Grove
- Holistic Center
- Relaxation Area
- Classes, Seminars, Workshops
- Supports Local Economy
- Resumes Ancient Local Methods
- Certifications and Recognitions
- Own Production Products
- Organic Products
- Local Food
- Short Distribution Chain