Il Filo di Paglia Agritourism is the perfect place to relax and enjoy life.
The farm is entirely built following the green buildings dictates and it is immersed in the green woods of Alta Val di Vara.
Surrounded by woods with pines, oaks, chestnut trees and 5 hectares of land dedicated to vegetables, fruit trees, pasture and flowering gardens, our facility is the ideal destination for those looking for a relaxing and comfortable vacation, away from the summer heat of the city and close enough to the most famous resorts and beaches of Liguria Region, as well as in contact with nature and the magic of the trails that run through the valley and its mountains.
Over time then we approached the ideas of permaculture as the will to be selfsufficient and energy independent:
- 0 pollutants and chemicals in building materials of the house;
- Photovoltaic panels on the roof for electricity production;
- Thermocooker for cooking with wood and worming water, accumulated in a 1000 liter storage tank;
- Thermocompost (biomass piles of fresh twigs that, by means of aerobic fermentation, develops heat) to keep the water at approximately 60°C, getting at the end excellent useful compost for gardening;
- Rainwater recovery for toilets (in evolution);
- Management of the organic vegetable gardens in lack of water with organic (also biodynamic) methods;
- Animals management with organic flour and hay as close as possible to the company;
- Food self-producted almost 100%;
- Work on site, so we do not travel for reaching the workplace, we inhabit the workplace;
- Recovered furniture from our former antique shop and seafood restaurant.
Our dishes are related to the Ligurian traditional cuisine, revisited by Marco's creativity and passion following the product seasonal nature combined to the recent healthy acquisitions in modern cooking.
Products out of our own production (oil, flour, wine and beer) are carefully selected among our neighbors organic farms.
A wide choice of wines (organic and/or very good), beers (organic and/or handmade), spirits and mead will be recommended to brighten your soul as well as your taste!!
Here with us you can do different activities:
- teaching farm for groups of 6 people - The course we propose very variable activities available for both children and adults: 1. Farm tour with vegetables acknowledgment, explanation of agricultural techniques and knowledge of farm animals: the Cabannine cows, hens and rooster Black Valley Vara, the Apennine sheep, bees, frogs, toad; 2. the three little pigs's house: the straw house birth and what are its advantages; 3. how to achieve self-sufficiency in harmony with nature; 4. the "witches": recognition of medicinal herbs and tasting herbal tea; 5. how to make bread with sourdough without yeast; 6. the milk cycle: from milk to yogurt and cheese
- gardens tour - where we practice various natural techniques, the animal shelter and pasture, where it is easy to find our 12 cows Cabannine (breed endangered), the orchard, where there are many old varieties of fruit trees and beehives of bees, oaks woods, hazel and chestnut, etc;
- alternative esoteric library - lots of interesting books about personal growth, wellness and spirituality, alternative therapies, natural food, autobiographies, etc...;
- relax e solarium - arcaded green areas immersed in the vineyard and sunny terraces with chairs and tables;
- professional gym - for fitness maniacs who cannot stay a day without attempting to its beauty or for those who simply want to enjoy a tonic to keep what instead with food and relaxation tend to relax;
- courses - Cooking class, Fermented Thais production class, organic horticulture, green building, construction thermocompost etc ..;
- conferences - alternative medicine, permaculture;
- mountain-bike rental - equipped with the track in the woods for professionals;
- “policrosalus” path - Gym in the green with numerous gymnastic stations along a dirt road to keep fit and breathe the balmy air of the pine forest;
- network paths - with breathtaking panoramic views of Mount San Nicolao;
- brush up in cava torrent - with some natural pools where you can soak in the hot summer days; On the free shuttle Summer organized by the town of Carro (4 km from our farm) for the seaside resort of Deiva Marina;
- paganini festival in carro - (in summer) birthplace of the renowned composer, violinist family.