Agritourism il Giglio
9, Strada Prov. - 09170 - Massama (OR) - Sardinia, Italy - Tel. +39 349 1447 955/+39 347 3483 744 - Fax. +39 (0)783 329049
Il Giglio is a Sardinian agritourism situated in the beautiful Tirso valley, in Massama, a small agricultural hamlet just a few kilometers away of Oristano. Far from mass tourism while close to beautiful natural and archaeological environments, Il Giglio agritourism offers the most complete privacy with the typical cordial hospitality of the countryside.
Il Giglio agritourism is today the result of a 19th century old manor house renovation.
Nestled amidst citrus groves and flowers and surrounded by our fields, you can enjoy wonderful walks in nature and relax in the large garden in the serene atmosphere of the Sardinian countryside.
The proximity of the beautiful beaches full of wild charm, puts Il Giglio in an ideal location to visit the beautiful, green and blue, deep, sparkling sardinian coastlines, which gives suggestive pictures, calm and serenity.
There are 7 double rooms, 4 triple rooms and 4 family rooms.
All rooms have: En-suite bathroom, heating and air conditioning, wardrobe, desk, flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi. Room services: coffee and tea maker, private bathroom with shower, hairdryer, complimentary toiletries.
Outside there are games for children, a large terrace with tables and chairs where you can relax.
In keeping with the oldest traditions of Sardinian cuisine, the Giglio Agritourism offers dishes with its own meats grown on the surrounding plain, accompanied by the vegetables and fruit of their fields.
Il Giglio Agriturismo suggests its guests a tasting itinerary that will allow you to taste the dishes that best identify our productions, the territory and the cuisine of chef Fabio Vacca who will be able to pamper you with our own or locally grown natural and organic products, of the highest quality.
Our chef knows how to tell you about the territory and the typical products through their seasonality.
Il Giglio, overlooking the plains of Campidano, allows you to discover the magic of true Sardinia, with fine cuisine, fine wines and an exclusive setting where you can enjoy an unforgettable culinary experience.
We always try to offer you different experiences through both the proposal of the Sardinian biggest wine labels and the less known ones with great quality.
Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free menu alternatives are available. We have been selected by: Slow-Food-Osterie D'Italia-Touring Club. All our courses are strictly locally grown, DOP/IGP or Traditional Sardinian.
Visiting our teaching farm, guided by farmers "teachers", you become the protagonist of the activities that are carried out in the company; you'll get to know the product origin and the farmer work, participating directly in the farm life. This is an opportunity for everyone to learn and give the right value to the simplest things, made with love and respect for nature while knowing and tasting the true flavor of natural products.
- Orchard's colors: From the knowledge of the plants of the orchard to the harvesting of fruit in the open field (pomegranate from October to November, citrus fruit from November to May, apricot loquat and peaches from April to June);
- From wheat to "malloredus": Visit to the cultivated field, observation of the plant and historical scientific information. Cooking workshop: we prepare "malloredus", a kind of pasta, together;
- From citrus fruits to jam: Recognize the fruit trees, the various types of citrus fruits and their nutritional value. Try their harvesting and making jams (November to May);
- From artichoke to the "carciofino" in oil: Visit to the artichokes fields, biological nutritional informations. Transformation of artichokes, previously collected by the farmer, in in oil artichokes (from January to April);
- Food education: Taste workshops with company's products. The use of the 5 senses: discovery of characteristic smells and of genuine flavors through the tasting of cold cuts, jams and pickles (even for celiac children);
- Farm animals: Visit to the company to raise awareness of the charolaise beef cows. Discovery of the characteristics and eating habits of these animals;
- From spontaneous plants to cooking use: Recognition and classification of the aromatic and spontaneous Sardinian plants used for cooking.
|County Province District Départment||Oristano (OR)|
|City Town Municipality||Massama|
- Online Booking
- Online Shop
- Debit or Credit Cards Accepted
- Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Local Products from Vendors
- Vegetable Garden
- Snack Area or Restaurant
- Traditional Cuisine
- Organic Cuisine
- Vegetarian Cuisine
- Vegan Cuisine
- Gluten Free Cuisine
- Table Service
- Rooms or Apartments
- Breakfast Included
- In-Room Private Bathroom
- Air Conditioner
- Independent Heating System
- Hair Dryer
- Relaxation Area
- Children's Play Area
- Classes, Seminars, Workshops
- Educational Activities
- Farmer's Life
- Event Organization
- Supports Local Economy
- Resumes Ancient Local Methods
- Certifications and Recognitions
- Natural Products
- Own Production Products
- Organic Products
- Local Food
- Short Distribution Chain