In the spectacular scenery of the Pollino National Park characterized by the evocative autumn colors of its woods, the Pino Loricato Refuge starts the cycle of events "Discovering Mushrooms"! The program takes place every Sunday in October and includes:
- NATURALIST EXCURSION AMONG THE POLLINO TRAILS guided by an environmental hiking guide to discover suggestive places looking for mushrooms, with the aim of knowing and recognizing the fungal species of the area;
- FULL TYPICAL AUTUMN LUNCH at Pino Loricato Refuge including hot and cold appetizers, 2 first courses, second course (escalopes with walnuts), homemade dessert, water and wine;
- MYCOLOGICAL EXHIBITION;
- VISIT TO THE SANCTUARY OF MADONNA DEL POLLINO.
The excursion does not present technical difficulties but takes place on mountain paths with medium gradient climbs. It takes some physical effort and a spirit of adaptation. The minimum age for the excursion is 12 years.
Equipment needed for the excursion: trekking shoes, backpack, bottle of water, spare t-shirt.
The program includes:
- 9:00 am meeting at the Pino Loricato refuge;
- 9:30 am start of the excursion;
- 12:00 small mushroom exhibition with explanation of the guide;
- 1.00 pm typical lunch at the Refuge;
- 3.00 pm visit to the Sanctuary of the Madonna del Pollino.
The cost is € 40 per person. The program takes place when a minimum number of 10 people is reached.
For info and reservations click on the envelope icon at the bottom and send an email to the Pino Loricato refuge directly from here or call +39 349 1495760!!